1. Personal Information
“Personal information” here refers to “personal information” defined in the Personal Information Protection Law and is information about an individual including 1) name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information, 2) other information that can identify a specific individual, 3) other descriptions such as data relating to appearance, fingerprints, and voiceprints, and 4) information that can identify a specific individual from the information itself, such as the individual’s insurance number and social security number (personal identification information).
2. Collecting personal information
The Centre may ask for personal information including name, date of birth, address, phone number, and e-mail address when you make an inquiry. We may ask for further information depending on the content of your inquiry.
3. Purposes of collecting and using personal information
The purposes for which the Centre collects and uses personal information are as follows.
- To provide information and improve the service of the Centre
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identity verification)
- To contact users as necessary for maintenance and important notices
- Purposes incidental to the above use
4. Change of purpose of use
- The Centre shall change a purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to before change.
- If a purpose of use is changed, the changed purpose shall be reported to the users or announced on this website by the method prescribed by the Centre.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- The Centre will not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the user, except for the following cases. However, this excludes cases permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the healthy development of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a subcontractor to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When the following matters are reported or announced in advance, and the Centre notifies the Personal Information Protection Commission.
- Provision to a third party included in the purpose of use
- Items of data provided to third a party
- Means or method of provision to a third party
- Discontinuation of the provision of personal information to a third party at the request of the individual
- Method of accepting the request of the individual
- In the following cases, the recipient of the information shall not fall under the category of a third party, notwithstanding the provisions included in section 5-1.
- When the Centre entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to a subcontractor within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided as a result of business succession due to merger or other reason.
- When personal information is shared with a specific individual, and that fact, the items of personal information to be shared, the scope of the shared use, the purpose of use of the individual, and the name of the individual responsible for the management of the personal information are notified to the individual in advance or made to be easily known by the individual.
6. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- When personal information held by the Centre is incorrect, the individual can make a claim to correct, add, or delete the personal information to the Centre (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.”) by the procedure specified by the Centre.
- When the Centre receives a request from the individual as set forth in section 6-1 and determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Centre shall promptly correct the personal information.
- When the Centre makes corrections, etc. based on the provisions of section 6-2 or decides not to make corrections, etc., the Centre will notify the individual of this promptly.
7. Cessation of Use of Personal Information, etc.
- The Centre ceases or deletes the use of personal information as requested by the individual when it is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or when it was obtained by misconduct (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”). The Centre will promptly conduct the necessary investigation with the request.
- Based on the results of the investigation in section 7-1, and when it is determined that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Centre shall promptly cease the use of the personal information.
- When the Centre ceases the use of personal information based on the provisions of section 7-2 or decides not to cease the use of personal information, the Centre will notify the individual of this promptly.
- In cases where it is difficult to cease the use of personal information, etc., such as when there is a large amount of cost for cessation of use, etc., and when alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the individual are possible, such alternative measures shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy may be revised without notifying the user, except for laws and regulations and other matters otherwise prescribed in this policy.